Asparagus Salad with Sheep’s Milk Cheese, Roasted Almonds & Herbs
- 2 Bunches of Asparagus
- 1 Jar of Prom Country Moyarra Myrtle Sheep’s Milk Cheese
- 1 Punnet of Organic Baby Salad Leaves
- ¼ Bunch of Parsley
- ¼ Bunch of Basil
- 100g Roasted Marcona Almonds
- 50 ml Cab Sauvignon Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Tracklements Smooth Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp V.Primavera Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Spread out the almonds on a tray, and place in oven, baking until lightly coloured.
3. When cool, chop roughly and set aside.
4. Drain the oil from the cheese and reserve.
5. Crumble the cheese into bite sized pieces and set aside.
6. Pick the parsley and basil leaves from the stems, wash well and set aside to dry.
7. Wash salad leaves and dry.
8. Place sherry vinegar, dijon mustard in a mixing bowl, whisking well to combine.
9. Continue to whisk whilst gradually adding the oil from the cheese.
10. Season lightly with salt and pepper and set aside.
11. Prepare the asparagus by trimming the stalks and peeling the bottom 1/3.
12. Coat with olive oil and pan fry over high heat until coloured.
13. Place the asparagus into a serving dish and top with crumbled cheese, mixed leaves, herbs and nuts.
14. Drizzle with enough dressing to coat and serve.